Spada Enforcer Waterproof Gloves £54.99
These were a Ride Magazine Recommended Glove in the January 2009 issue.

I bought mine in 2009. I bought mine for £44.99 but they are now £54.99

I never got caught in heavy enough rain to put the the waterproofness to the test, but a very comfortable and a warm glove to wear.

Crash Protection:

Left Hand - I sustained a ligament injury to my left ring finger requiring a splint.

All the armour took a "scuffing"
There is a hole below the armour on the left ring finger, but there is no wear to the second layer of leather underneath this.
There is a hole below the armour on the middle finger.

On the palm there is a hole where the stitching meets due to the stitching wearing away, BUT the leather has not worn through

Right Hand - I sustained fractures, breaks, ligament injuries and have a metal plate fitted.

All the finger armour took a "scuffing" and there is abbrasion on the additional layer of leather on the index finger
My Index finger was ok
The leather around the armour on my middle finger has worn where it appears that the kevlar armour has pulled put not ripped off, but the leather underneath is untouched. I had ligament damage and a fracture
There is a large hole on the side of my ring finger. I had a fracture in this finger and ligament damage.
There is some "scuffing" on the extra layer of leather on my little finger. My little finger just suffered some bruising.

There is some abbrasion on my thumb on the top layer of leather, but it did not wear through. My thumb took quite a knock and was bleeding. Some kevlar armour may have helped here

[Image: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

There is a hole between the ring finger and middle finger.
The leather on the palm has split where there is only a singlke layer. The waterproof plastic has worn through and the foam underneath that is torn BUT I sustained NO damage to the palm of my hand

I have just recently bought the same gloves ! Used them to go sledging and snowballing with the kids ! they kept my hands warm and dry .
(18-12-2010, 08:49 PM)shiver Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have just recently bought the same gloves ! Used them to go sledging and snowballing with the kids ! they kept my hands warm and dry .

Thumbsup

Hope you don't have to put them to any other test like I did Blink

Thumbsup

Excellent product test-hope I never have to do the same!

I bought a pair of the WP predecessor glove and they were great-waterproof, warm but only lasted 2 and a bit years.

I then bought the current model, about a year ago. Waterproof and warm but the lining kept coming out. A complete pain in the arse, so I gave them away to a scooter rider who couldn't afford waterproof gloves and bought Rukka.
(22-12-2011, 08:03 PM)Papa Lazarou Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Excellent product test-hope I never have to do the same!

I bought a pair of the WP predecessor glove and they were great-waterproof, warm but only lasted 2 and a bit years.

I then bought the current model, about a year ago. Waterproof and warm but the lining kept coming out. A complete pain in the arse, so I gave them away to a scooter rider who couldn't afford waterproof gloves and bought Rukka.

Thanks.

I bought another pair of Spada Enforcer gloves as I couldn't and haven't found a better pair of gloves that I find comfortable,etc

That's not good about the lining on your gloves. I had Rukka kit in the 80's and it was well made and I'm certain it still is. Motorcycle kit has come on leaps and bounds, there is a lot of competition which can make it difficult trying to establish what is the best value for money.

Ride safe.
I also use enforcers, as well as Biker Kolns, also recommended by Ride magazine. I love the visor rain wiper on vie left thumb. So simple but so effective. All winter gloves should have those!

A very interesting review, thanks

Sam
(07-01-2012, 11:48 PM)Fazer600Sam Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I also use enforcers, as well as Biker Kolns, also recommended by Ride magazine. I love the visor rain wiper on vie left thumb. So simple but so effective. All winter gloves should have those!

A very interesting review, thanks

Sam

Glad you found this interesting Thumbsup

I'm not sure on these rain wipers and v-wipes. Can they cause more damage in respect of visor scratching?

Great product test!...Certainly a great demonstration of product 'testing' dedication, perhaps Spada should provide you with a new pair in a show of appreciation...Anyhow joking aside I do hope your recovery has gone well..

I'd like to add that I've worn these gloves for nearly a year; they've proved to be about as 'waterproof' as you'd expect (nothing really is), they 'stood' up to hitting the road well, they're a comfortable glove in anything to which is not 'summer' (so pretty much all year, here in the uk ;), the visor wipe certainly does work well!....However a little more sensitivity through the glove wouldn't go a miss. Would I buy again?? Quite possibly.

Cheers

R
(25-04-2012, 05:11 PM)fluidus3 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Great product test!...Certainly a great demonstration of product 'testing' dedication, perhaps Spada should provide you with a new pair in a show of appreciation...Anyhow joking aside I do hope your recovery has gone well..

I'd like to add that I've worn these gloves for nearly a year; they've proved to be about as 'waterproof' as you'd expect (nothing really is), they 'stood' up to hitting the road well, they're a comfortable glove in anything to which is not 'summer' (so pretty much all year, here in the uk ;), the visor wipe certainly does work well!....However a little more sensitivity through the glove wouldn't go a miss. Would I buy again?? Quite possibly.

Cheers

R

Thanks - recovered as well as I'm going to .............

Hope your injuries weren't too bad after hitting the road?

Good to hear your review of these gloves