acceleration problems
(15-05-2012, 09:08 PM)Tricky Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.My YZF had a performance exhaust on it, but as it was never set up correctly, it actually performed better when the standard silencer was put back on.

Performing Berks (I think) did a test on 'performance' silencers about 5 / 6 years back and virtually all of them performed worse than standard, just a couple matched the OE silence for power. If there's one thing the Japanese do know how to make it's a silencer. The days of cheap bolt-on power have long gone.

The only real reason for ditching them is to save a few kgs in weight and to make more noise.

(15-05-2012, 09:19 PM)Tricky Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Just had an after thought. As your bike is a 125cc, it may be restricted to 14bhp (or thereabouts) for L plates etc and have a washer or restriction in your exhaust. If it has and if you feel daring, you could try removing it? This should free it up a bit, especially if you are going 3/4 or over on the throttle, thus causing more back pressure in the exhaust.

Just my thoughts on this and should not be relied upon in case it breaks!!! I am not a mechanic!!!

A CG makes 11hp... so a copy probably isn't hitting 11! So I don't think we need to worry about a restrictor in the exhaust! Winking
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
"Force has no place where there is need of skill" Herodotus 450BC
it would help if i knew what bike you have. as i can supply parts for chinese or taiwanese bikes. and we also have upgrade for the bikes too. so let me know what you have and what you want and i will see what i can do.
BLAZE, proud to be a member of Kent & Sussex Bikers since Jun 2012.
Cheers blaze.

its a wuyang 16c 58plate
very similar to the WK125. the biggest problem i find in relation to running issues is the carb mixture screw setting at idle. speed should be 1800rpm. and the battery as it wont charge unless its at and above 1800 rpm. Ive just looked in my data base there is no real setting for the carb other than using a O2 test meter to obtain 3% Co level. but its usaly set between 2 1/2 to 3 turns out from fully in. as for the foam filtre i would suggest cleaning it in diesel and setting up the carb.
thanks for your help Stefan..

I am the type of person who likes to do things (better to learn)

what screw are you referring to 2/12 turns?
the mixture screw its on the underside of the carb if you have a manual choke or its on the side rear most at an angle on the left hand side if it has auto choke. both have flat headed screws.

Idle Speed is 1800rpm
Mixture screw setting is 2 - 3 full turns out from stopped fully in.

If you still get stuck call me.